BTF Iodophor Sanitizer
BTF Iodophor is an extremely effective sanitizer for homebrewing. This is an Iodine based sanitizer that has a lot of advantages over some of the foaming, acid-based sanitizers on the market. These include:
- Unlike acid-based, foaming sanitizers, BTF Iodophor is effective in killing mold, yeast, fungus, gram positive and negative bacteria, viruses and even blood born pathogens.
- Iodophor is less expensive and goes much further. You only need 1 tablespoon of this sanitizer per 5 gallons of water (or 1 teaspoon per 1.5 gallons).
- Iodophor is low foaming and works in CIP machines, there is “no foam to fear”!
- Unlike acid-based sanitizers, Iodophor is non-corrosive
- Iodophor is non-irritating and gentle on your skin and your equipment
- Iodophor is not classified as hazardous according to the Department of Transportation
- Iodophor is effective in hard and soft water
BTF Iodophor is easy to mix and easy to use.
- It is no-rinse at the rate of 12.5 parts per million mixture (1 Tablespoon per 5 gallons).
- Allow 2 minutes of contact time and then you can let it air dry. No need to rinse or wipe off.