This fitting connects to 8mm hose on one side and 1/4" BSP thread on the other side. It can be used as a bulkhead and includes a nut for attaching (not currently shown in photograph) Some customer have used to to connect to beer regulators and air manifolds, but keep in mind that it is BSP (British Standard Pipe) and not NPT thread that is used in the United States. NPT is a tapered thread and BSP is straight. Again, some customers have reported that this will seal, but we are still trying to confirm this with the manufacture. Using this on the wrong thread could cause you to strip out the threads. We are researching this further and plan on updating this listing soon.
Duotight fittings feature a dual oring design that give you a better, more reliable seal.
Keep the following in mind when using Duotight fittings:
- You need to cut your hose straight (not at an angle) and firmly push the hose into the fitting until it locks in place.
- If you need to remove the hose, but pull back on the collet.
- Can be used with liquid or gas. Made from acetal plastic and the orings are made from EPDM, which is chemical resistant.
- Do not use with chlorinated cleaning solutions including bleach. This will degrade the plastic.
- No clamps are used. The hose is clamped internally by the collet and orings.
- Temperature rated to boiling (212) and pressure rated to 150PSI.