This "Precision SafetyBLUE Thermometer" is made in the USA by Kessler Thermometer. It is a professional grade lab thermometer (vs a classroom thermometer) which will provide the most accurate and precise readings. Kessler utilizes their proprietary internal liquid which contains no mercury, but has weight properties similar to give it the most accuracy possible. We also offer a calibrated version of this thermometer. KesslerUSA is ISO 17025-2005 and ISO9001-2008 accredited and is a member of the ASTM committee on hydrometers and thermometers. For the serious brewer, this is the thermometer you want! We also offer a version of this thermometer with a Calibration Certificate and correction range for calibrating your other thermometers and temperature probes. Click Here to see this listing.
- -4 to 230°F range with 3" immersion tip
- Proprietary "Precision Blue" internal liquid gives accuracy as close as possible to mercury and are ASTM approved.
- Not all lab thermometers are made the same. These thermometers are much more accurate than the "classroom" grade often sold to homebrewers.
- Glass hole in top of thermometer for string or wire hanging, will not pull off like caps on other lab thermometers
- Each thermometer has a unique serial number for documentation purposes.
- During our in house testing using the calibrated version of this thermometer, we have seen other brands be as much as 5° off actual temperature which can cause issues when brewing
- Kessler Thermometer and Chase Instruments is a family owned business that has been making high quality, accurate instruments since 1934!