This Duotight is great when you need an inline check valve. Why do you need an inline check valve? This only allows gas to flow only one way. This can be useful when you don't want liquid to backflow in your gas line and flood a regulator or air manifold. Keep in mind that this valve cannot be disassembled for cleaning, so we only recommend it for gas applications. This valve will open with as little as 1 PSI of pressure.
Duotight fittings feature a dual oring design that give you a better, more reliable seal.
Keep the following in mind when using Duotight fittings:
- You need to cut your hose straight (not at an angle) and firmly push the hose into the fitting until it locks in place.
- If you need to remove the hose, but pull back on the collet.
- Can be used with liquid or gas. Made from acetal plastic and the orings are made from EPDM, which is chemical resistant.
- Do not use with chlorinated cleaning solutions including bleach. This will degrade the plastic.
- No clamps are used. The hose is clamped internally by the collet and orings.
- Temperature rated to boiling (212) and pressure rated to 150PSI.