This Duotight reducer is specifically designed to go from 8mm hose to a 1/4" Duotight barb. An example of this would be the barb on a Intertap tower shank, but most people would use 8mm line for beer unless it is a long run.
Keep the following in mind when using Duotight fittings:
- You need to cut your hose straight (not at an angle) and firmly push the hose into the fitting until it locks in place.
- If you need to remove the hose, but pull back on the collet.
- Can be used with liquid or gas. Made from acetal plastic and the orings are made from EPDM, which is chemical resistant.
- Do not use with chlorinated cleaning solutions including bleach. This will degrade the plastic.
- No clamps are used. The hose is clamped internally by the collet and orings.
- Temperature rated to boiling (212) and pressure rated to 150PSI.